For assistance, contact us.
Under the Immigration and Refugee Board, there are two avenues for the appeal process depending upon the type of appeal:
- Refugee Appeal Division (RAD)
- Claimants may be given the opportunity to prove to the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) that the decisions on their original claim was wrong in fact or law or both;
- Claimants may introduce new evidence that was not available at the time of the initial RPD process;
- Paper-based appeal, oral hearings may be necessary in exceptional cases.
- Immigration Appeal Division (IAD)
- For appeals relating to residency, sponsorship or removal orders.