For assistance, contact us.
Self-Employed Program is designed to attract those applicants who intend and can become self-employed in Canada. Self-employed persons who intend to live in Quebec are not eligible under this program and should apply under the Quebec Self-Employed Program.
- make a significant contribution to the cultural or sporting life in Canada as artisans or as athletes at an international level; or
- purchase and manage a farm in Canada.
Relevant Experience is defined as:
- at least two years' experience of participation in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level;
- at least two years' experience of self-employment in cultural activities of athletics; or;
- at least two years of farm management experience
NOC Group 51
- Professional occupations in art and culture
- Librarians, archivists, conservators, and curators
- Writing, translating, and related communications professionals
- Creative and performing artists
NOC Group 52
- Technical occupations in art, culture, recreation and sports
- Technical occupations in libraries, public archives, museums and art galleries
- Photographers, graphic arts technicians and technical and coordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts
- Announcers and other performers
- Athletes, coaches, referees and related occupations