For assistance, contact us.
The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) is for people who want to become permanent residents of Canada based on being qualified in a skilled trade.
- Proof of language proficiency;
- 2 years of full time or equivalent part-time work experience;
- Meet all job requirements for that skilled trade according to the NOC (except for provincial certificate);
- Job offer or certificate of qualification.
Currently eligible groups:
- Industrial, electrical and construction trades;
- Maintenance and equipment operation trades;
- Supervisor and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production;
- Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators;
- Chefs, cooks, butchers and bakers.
Work experience does not need to be continuous and must be acquired after obtaining correspondent qualifications to perform such job.