Canada Visa Express

Federal Skilled Trades

For assistance, contact us.

The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) is for people who want to become permanent residents of Canada based on being qualified in a skilled trade.

To qualify:

  • Proof of language proficiency;
  • 2 years of full time or equivalent part-time work experience;
  • Meet all job requirements for that skilled trade according to the NOC (except for provincial certificate);
  • Job offer or certificate of qualification.

Currently eligible groups:
  • Industrial, electrical and construction trades;
  • Maintenance and equipment operation trades;
  • Supervisor and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production;
  • Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators;
  • Chefs, cooks, butchers and bakers.

Work experience does not need to be continuous and must be acquired after obtaining correspondent qualifications to perform such job.