For assistance, contact us.
Family Class immigrants are people sponsored to come to, or remain in Canada by a relative who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
Sponsor must meet certain eligibility criteria, and the people you sponsor must also meet some eligibility factors.
To qualify, the sponsor must:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or registered Indian;
- Sign an undertaking promising to provide for the basic requirements of the sponsored persons;
- Sign an agreement with the sponsored person;
- Meet the Low-Income Cut-Off (LICO) for the past 12 months (except to sponsor spouse/common-law partner/conjugal partner and dependent children);
- In case of Parent and Grandparent Program, meet LICO + 30% for 3 previous taxation years. Only Revenue Canada proof is accepted.
You may either be sponsored by a family member who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident or immigrate through one of the economic programs.
Sponsor Spouse/Common-Law/Conjugal Partner/Children
Sponsor Other Family Members