For assistance, contact us.
The new three years in last five-year rule will come into effect in Fall of 2017.
How to apply for citizenship?
- Applicants must be able to communicate in one or both official languages of Canada i.e. English and French
- Applicant cannot have criminal history inside or outside Canada
- Pay a fee
If the applicant is eligible to apply for citizenship then he/she must send a completed application to CIC office in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Once approved, they will be required to take citizenship test. Successful applicants must then attend a citizenship ceremony where they receive a certificate of Canadian citizenship and officially become new Canadian citizens.
Who are not qualified to get Canadian citizenship?
- An applicant who doesn't meet the residency obligations for required days in Canada
- Cannot speak english OR french
- Do not pass the Citizenship test OR interview
- Cannot provide the proof of residency.